Illinois Assistive Technology Program is a not for profit direct lender that offers loans to qualifying Illinois citizens with disabilities or their
family for the purchase of assistive technology.
The ATLOAN$ Program offers the following types of loans:
AT Loans range from $1,001.00 to $30,000.00 and can be used for the purchase of assistive technology.
Home Modification Loans are limited to a maximum of $5,000.00 and can be used to make modifications that allow individuals
to live more independently.
Credit Builder Loans range from $250.00 to $1,000.00 and can be used to purchase assistive technology while improving
your credit history.
What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive Technology (AT) is any item, device, piece of equipment or product system that is used to increase, maintain or improve functional capabilities of
individuals with disabilities.
Examples of Assistive Technology - This includes but is not limited to:
- Modified Vehicles
- Vision Devices - magnifiers, braille notetakers, CCTV's
- Hearing aids and other assistive listening devices
- Communication Devices
- Scooters and wheelchairs
- Computers, iPads, and tablets with disability related software and hardware
- Seat lift chairs
- Adaptive sports and leisure equipment
- Home modifications such as ramps, roll-in shower, stair-lift, door openers
An ATLOAN may not be used for bill consolidation, to pay off existing loans, for items previously purchased or for non-modified vehicles
If you have any questions about whether you or what you want to purchase qualifies for the program, please Contact Us.
What You Need to Apply
You will need to provide the following information on your ATLOAN application:
Name, birth date, address, and other identifying information of the person with a disability, and the same information if the person applying for
the loan is not the person with a disability.
- Current and previous address information.
- Employer information, if employed.
- Contact information for the nearest relative not living with the applicant and a second reference.
- Checking account and savings account information.
- Information about your assets, such as real estate and automobiles and their values.
- Information about your debts, including rent, mortgage loans, car loans and credit card balances.
- Information about what you want to purchase, including prices and names of vendors.
To Begin an ATLOAN Application:
First, click on Register at the top of the page to create a username and password. Once all the requested information has been accurately input, click Submit.
A Registration Complete message will appear – click on Login. Input the user name and password you just created.
time – If you plan to use the income of more than one individual to qualify for the loan, then you must choose one of the joint application options.
Click on Start Application and begin input.
You can save your application at any point to return at a later time. To return, simply login and click on the pencil in the Edit column and resume input.
- Need help? Contact Us
Then What Happens?
If you meet the requirements to be considered for a loan you will be asked to provide the following supporting documents:
- Proof of disability, which might be a written note from your doctor, a written note from your Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) counselor, a copy of your Social Security award letter, etc.
- Proof of income, such as recent check stubs if employed, an award letter from Social Secuirty, proof of annuity or long term disability payments, etc.
- Bank statements.
- Proof for any corrections to negative items on your credit report.
- Price quote(s) with information about the product you intend to purchase, including prices and vendor information.
- Proof of insurance or insurability for loans of modified vehicles or home modification.
- Proof of assistance from another agency.
Please note, just because you are asked for this information you are not guaranteed to be approved for a loan. Once all information
has been reviewed, you will be contacted with our decision.
For information on interest rates and terms please call us at 217-522-7985